Unfortunately, there is no easy answer regarding the life of a battery because there are many variables which affect battery performance, including:
- the type of speech processor;
- the type of battery used: rechargeable or zinc-air;
- the brand of battery used;
- the map and volume settings;
- how many hours per day you use your cochlear implant;
- the amount and type of environmental noise;
- the level of humidity; and
- how you store the batteries.
Most of our customers who use the Nucleus Freedom speech processor report getting about 3 days out of the batteries.
If you are not using your speech processor for a few weeks, we recommend removing the battery to minimise the risk of damage from battery leaks or corrosion.