Unfortunately, there is no easy answer regarding the life of a battery because there are many variables which affect battery life, including:
- the age and type of hearing aid;
- how many hours per day you use your hearing aid;
- the amount and type of environmental noise;
- the program and volume settings;
- the size and brand of the battery;
- the level of humidity; and
- how you store the batteries.
If you are not using your hearing aid for a few weeks, we recommend removing the battery from your hearing aid to minimise the risk of damage from battery leaks or corrosion by old batteries.
If you are a cochlear implant user, you might also want to read this FAQ.